Recently, we gave provided you access to ROM WWE040 0381 that was still in the process of being tweaked. Well it’s been a while since that ROM was launched and we now have the finalized version. This ROM is called 0402 and it brings with it some much needed improvements. For those of you holding back from the previous upgrade, this is your chance.Improvements
Here are the bug fixes made and new features added:
- Fix the device reset occasionally problem.
- Fixed Security Pin code lost problem.
- Support SDHC function.
- Fixed system doesn’t show H icon when HSDPA is working (Please update with 3G firmware below).
- Improve Video Call stability.
- Fix the problem of Satellite Data Update which when the update is finished, the GPRS is still connected.
- Improve the connection stability of Bluetooth.
- Improve the stability of FM Tuner application.
- Modify the connection Wizard version.
- Improve part of Call Filter function.
- Improve the stability of Namecard Manager.
- Improve the battery meter accuracy.
You will need 2 files for the complete upgrade. The first consists of the ROM and the second file is for the 3G upgrade.
There is a slight change to the files, based on your PC’s Operating System. Do download the appropriate file based on it (Windows XP or Windows Vista). The file names for Eten Corp is different from that of the file downloaded from RapidShare/Eten Blog dot Com because I have done so to make it easier for users to recognize them when they download it.
For XP Users
For Vista Users
3G / GSM
After downloading the correct ROM upgrade file, run the upgrade file as per normal. For those of you using Vista, you might have a problem if you have not updated your USB drivers. As such, you have 2 options. The first is to run the ROM upgrade from an SD Card. The second is to upgrade your USB Drivers. If you chose the first option, make sure you use a standard SD card (and not an SDHC one).
If you are using another Operating System besides Windows such as a Mac OS or Linux, then your only option would be to run the upgrade from an SD Card.
3G / GSM Upgrade
Perform this upgrade only AFTER you have done the ROM upgrade. Copy the file (ModemUpdater_FC3301_CA.exe) to your device and run it from your device by tapping on it. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the upgrade. Once completed, make sure you reset your X800.
To check if the upgrade was successful, go to Start > Settings > System > System Information > Wireless Module > GSM/GPRS > Firmware Version. It should read R3BEC31ACL_V1.01CA and if this is not the case, then your upgrade was not successful and you will have to re-do it.
How is this new ROM for you?