panot from Eten Users Forum is at it again with another update to his very fast, very stable and very popular Lighted ROM for the Eten Glofiish X500. This is one of the best cooked ROMs for the X500 that I have come across. Not only is it stable, it also removes a lot of the unnecessary applications from the ROM, thereby giving you more space. An interesting feature of the ROM is that your X500 will no longer suffer from the echo issues seen in most other devices. For those new to this ROM, it is based on Eten’s last official ROM for the X500 (X500 WWE R01 032 0436 MOT0110 WM6).
February 24th 2008
- Latest official battery patch
- Latest driver for the latest microSD and all microSDHC inside the ROM
- Softkey control panel applet (for settings hardware buttons)
- Call delay gone
- 11 new themes added
- 31 MB free (RAM)
- Removed “Marketplace” link
- Removed Windows Live
- Removed Windows Messenger
- Removed unnecessary Etens CABs from ExtROM and some added - Removed phone applications from Eten (unneeded)
- Annoying “Turn on wifi” removed.
- Wireless manager hidden under “E” icon.
- Removed Wireless manager icon from the right bottom corner
- New Wireless manager icon added at the Start/Settings/Connections
- New better looking calculator added
- Old calculator removed
- New task manager added at the right bottom corner (It can be removed and underline be clear. You can install it again)
- Phone service shows current network name correctly
- Quick Link removed
- Spb Mobile Shell added (much better then Quick Link)
- New very nice SMS appearance (thanks to TB_TB)
- Three new alarms added
- New Total Commander added
- New Smartkey added Press and hold left softkey to show Start menu
- New Java added
- MMS settings fixed
- SDMMC card renamed to “Storage card”
- New Softreset button added
- ECHO DURING CALLS HAS GONE !!!
- Spb Mobile Shell
- SIM Manager
- Headset Switch (fix for broken earphone plug)
- Easy Keyboard
- Satellite Data Update
- Connection Wizard
- Task Manager
- Wireless Manager
- MMS settings
Issues With Older SD Card
Because this ROM has the SDHC patch, there have been reports that older SD (the normal ones) cards do not work on this ROM. To test, install this patch BEFORE you do the ROM update and then see if your SD card can be read. This is the same patch that is in the Lighted ROM and if your card can be read after installing the patch, then it will work after you do the ROM upgrade as well. If your SD card cannot be read, then you have 2 alternatives, get a newer SD card (or a SDHC card) or use these versions which uses the old SD driver.
There are two versions of this ROM so please select the appropriate version.
WWE (English) Version WITH Latest SDHC Driver
WWE (English) Version WITHOUT Latest SDHC Driver
Is This The Latest?
I realized that with so many upgrades for these cooked ROMs, it might be hard to keep track on the latest one. Which is why I have created this link which allows you to keep track of the latest version. By click on this link, you will be taken to the latest version for this ROM. If you click on this link and it brings you back to this page, it means that this is the latest ROM available on this site.
P.S. The latest ROM is the one available on this site. Even if the author updates the ROM on his site, such changes might not be reflected immediately on this site. If you feel there is an error about the latest ROM version, feel free to let me know.
Feel free to share your thoughts on the ROM below if you have tried it out.