I have been putting the Aliph Jawbone Bluetooth headset through the paces these past couple of days and I must say that I am really impressed with its quality. Not to worry, I will do a really in-depth review shortly. I will even cover experiences with the PC so readers like May will get the […]
Tag Archive 'registry hack'
Posted in Tips and Tricks on Jan 21st, 2008
If you one of those who have been given a Windows Mobile device by your company, chances are it is connected to the company’s Exchange Server. In that case, the server’s security policy is pushed to your device and while this is meant to protect you and the company in case of stolen device, there […]
This trick that I am going to show you will change the network operator’s name. This name is seen when you are in the Phone application. It’s the name of the network that you are currently connected to. This is more of a cosmetic trick than anything else.
Turn your GSM (Phone) function off.
Using a registry […]
Last week, we covered 2 tips on how you can change your system font and changing your menu font. For those of you who have tried doing so, you would have noticed that not all the dialogs in your Pocket PC have their fonts changed. In this tip, I’ll guide you through changing your popup […]
Last time around, I showed you how you could change your system font properties so that you can tweak it until it fits you just nice. However, you might still notice that some fonts were not changed to your liking. That’s because, these fonts are governed by another set of properties. This time, I’ll show […]
Tired of how your system font looks? Or wish you could just tweak it slightly so that you can see it better? Well now you can tweak your system font to your heart’s desire so that it is now easier to see the the text on your screen. For this tweak, you’ll need a registry […]
If you frequently transfer large amounts of files between your SD card and other storage areas, then this trick can speed up those transfer time by 2 or 4 times than what you are currently encountering. All you need is to change a registry entry and so that means, back up your device first and […]
If you are a heavy user of Pocket Internet Explorer (IE), then you may notice your device slowing down after extended use of the application. This is because your ROM is now filled with cache data, cookies and history data from your recent Pocket IE usage. You could easily clean these folders up to free […]
For some users, the ‘Message Sent’ notification bubble that pops up when you send a message is a useful feature that tells them when their messages have been sent. However, this can be troublesome to other users because it keeps you from keeping your device in your pocket after you hit the ‘Send’ key. If […]
When people started using their mobile phones to keep track of time, watches started to be left at home more often. Why bring an extra device when our phone can do the same thing right? However, if you are using a Windows Mobile device, chances are you are using a plug-in with your time and […]
Do you use the Date plug-in on your Today screen? If you do, you would realize that the plug-in is pretty generous on space which could translate into poor real estate management for some of us. Wouldn’t it be better if you could just have all that information in just one line? That way, you […]
If you are going to use your device with just one hand, one of the tweaks that you might have to consider is to thicken the scrollbars, be it vertical or horizontal or both. Their thickness are sufficient if you plan on using a stylus or if your nails are long enough to accurately tap […]
If you are using Windows Mobile 5 or 6, the SoftKeys on your Today screen are definitely a welcome feature as they allow you to access commonly used programs with just one tap. This feature was actually on Windows Mobile for Smartphones but has finally been ported over to the touchscreen platform.
However, what if the […]
What kind of ads would you like to see? Tick all that apply.
- Windows Mobile Software (83%, 58 Votes)
- Other applications I can use on/for my device (49%, 34 Votes)
- Window Mobile Hardware (41%, 29 Votes)
- Accessories for my device (39%, 27 Votes)
- Any free trial/product ad (technology) (29%, 20 Votes)
- Coupon/Discounts/Rebates (technology) (21%, 15 Votes)
- Any technology ad (17%, 12 Votes)
- Any free trial/product ad (non-technology) (16%, 11 Votes)
- Any mobile phone ad (16%, 11 Votes)
- Coupon/Discounts/Rebates (non-technology) (13%, 9 Votes)
- Any ad (11%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 70
- Marius: ooo and I forgot, :) The only thing that I don`t like are th...
- Marius: Hi all, all I wanna say is that this is a great device, Now ...
- Tariq Bamadhaj: Sounds like you got it all planned and am glad that you enjo...
- Tariq Bamadhaj: Thanks Paul. I always try to do reviews that answers the que...
- Tariq Bamadhaj: Thanks Stefan. This was what I was planning as well unless s...
- Tariq Bamadhaj: Thanks Helmy. Thanks to Windows Mobile being pretty open, yo...
- Tariq Bamadhaj: Thanks Stefan and it's my last series here as well....
- Tariq Bamadhaj: I have no idea what that means :P...
- Tariq Bamadhaj: Nope I have not done the Acid Test but even if I do, I will ...
- Tariq Niazi: hmmm! Something that I have been looking for, finally! I ...